So it’s a very short time now until the competition (*gulp* we got our timetable today! 😵), and while most of the “bits” are done, some aren’t quite there (oops! not meant to hit the wall), and they all need putting together. The good news is that with the addition of the height adjustment for […]Read More Making lists
I mentioned previously that yellow was problematic in our colour detection, and that I was planning to steal the neopixel strip from my pan-tilt hat to see if that would help with the problem. Well, in my lunch break today I did that, and added the code to the colour detection test to light up […]Read More Let there be light!
Well the long weekend led to major progress. First off, the motor controller for adjusting the height of the firing mechanism we will use for the duck shoot was added. And because this motor controller can control two motors, we got rid of the switch we were using for the firing mechanism and just used […]Read More Progress
Well, I’m not quite sure what happened, but this was a bad day to start the day. Most likely issue is that when I ran an update/upgrade yesterday the SD card became corrupted. I tried logging in via terminal too, but that was an equally bad story. Thankfully all my code is backed up on […]Read More Ouch! (Or: How I rebuilt my SD card)
Friday’s main task was cleaning up my rats’ nest of signal wires. I had acquired considerable length of light-weight (28 AWG) wire in five different colours, a nice new crimping tool, and a selection of Dupont male and female headers and casings. So I spent the day cleaning up the mess I had. After the […]Read More Before and After
Well, I’m all set for the long weekend. Thanks to Tanya at Pimoroni I have the bits and pieces that I wanted. (I had them all ready in my shopping basket yesterday, but then someone interrupted me before I hit buy. I remembered when I got home but it was too late for yesterday’s mail. […]Read More That smell you don’t want to smell…
Right, we now have the ToF sensors mounted. These aren’t quite the same sensors that I was using for test purposes though… in theory they should work the same, but it’s the first time that I’ve taken them out of their packets. Why are we using this ones then? Well, the ones I had been […]Read More Sensors mounted!
Well, it’s been alive in remote control mode for quite some time, but today, for the first time, Glitterator II’s “brain” was attached, complete with sensors and UART connection, and used to drive the motors. OK, so it didn’t do much – just gradually ramp the motors up from 0 to 100% power – but […]Read More It’s alive!!
We’re feeling pretty happy with the remote control side of Glitterator II now. As I mentioned in a previous post, we’re aiming to motorise the height adjustment for the firing mechanism, but not anticipating any problems there. (OK, to be honest there is a bit of a hiccup happening there, in that the board designed […]Read More The Autonomous Stuff
On Saturday, Angus and I went to Robot Day, an event organised by the IET to celebrate British Science Week. Angus and I met Stephen Powley, from the IET, at Derby Mini Maker Faire last year, while we were chatting to Brian Corteil. He invited us to come along to this Robot Day to demonstrate […]Read More Robot Day